AALockserv is committed to keeping you and your property safe. These home security tips will help to lower any chance of break-ins.
- Keep your keys out of circulation by making sure only people with access to a key are residents of your home. Change all locks when you move, lose a key or experience employee turnover
- Reinforce the door frame, the most vulnerable part of your door opening
- Don’t leave spare keys in obvious places, such as under a welcome mat.
- Buy locks that are difficult to bypass and that use keys that require your authorization to duplicate
- Always check easiest points of entry when you leave (doors, windows etc…)
- Install doors with inside hinges to prevent hinge removal or use hinges that prevent removal of the pin
- Deadbolt all exterior doors, including garage and shed doors.
- Remove tree limbs that could provide access to upper windows
- Trim shrubbery so burglars have nowhere to hide
- Always leave lights on when you go out at night and use a timer to confuse burglars
- Be aware of the physical details of people in your neighborhood
- Check with the police for the burglary record before moving into a new neighborhood.
- Make an effort to always make your home appeared lived-in, even when on vacation.
- Do not show valuables to outside world or place them where someone can see them through a window
- If possible, keep a dog as a deterrent with the added bonus of having a loving pet
- AALockserv Insured & Bonded
It is important to always stay proactive about home security! When you call AALockserv, you are choosing a team who is as passionate about keeping you safe as you are. Call Now for a Free Audit!